Local SEO isn’t particularly hard – especially if you know a few easy DIY hacks.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle these five local SEO hacks, you’ll go a long way towards helping your company move up in the search results.
Warning: do not attempt these hacks unless you’re willing to steal your competitors’ lunch money! 🙂
Before you proceed, you need to make sure you have a solid foundation:
- you have a Google My Business Listing
- you have Google Analytics setup
Top 5 Hacks to Optimize Google Visibility
The secret to great local search presence is to rank on both Google My Business (GMB) listings and in Google’s organic search results. If follow these tips religiously, you’re greatly increase your Google visibility – with the goal being in the top three of the Google Business listings.
Whenever you add content or link to your website, your Google My Business listing – Facebook and other social media – you need to think about how you can maximize the SEO value of what you’re doing.
- Promptly reply to all reviews and remember to use keywords people use to find your products and services. And don’t always use the same keywords. Use variations to make your responses sound natural – you don’t want to sound like a SEO-bot.
- Add a new GMB post every week, if not more frequently. Focus on great pictures and keywords that are relevant to your business.
PRO TIP: Use upload real “day-in-the-life” photos using your cell phone – Google automatically notes your location by “geotagging” your photos, which reinforces your local presence.
- Include all categories relevant to your business in your GMB listing. Don’t be shy, load it up with great keywords that people might use when searching your business.
- Put some energy into the GMB services section. Break down services into individual sub-services to pack more keywords into your listing.
- Update the Title, Description and Keyword tags on your website. If your site doesn’t have an easy way to adjust these features, feel free to give us a call – we’re happy to help! (402-937-9872).
Once you have these five hacks under your belt, there’s one more bonus hack to help your site climb to the top: start a blog and post once a week. The trick is to actually use keywords and your city/town name in many of your blog titles. And if you live in a larger city and have several locations, mix things up. For instance, if you’re a physical therapist in San Diego, you might have titles like: “Back Pain La Jolla” and “Knee Rehab Oceanside”.
Let Rushminute Help
There’s a lot that goes into creating and managing your website, local directory listings and social media. We know. We’ve helped dozens of clients in the U.S. strengthen their brands with website makeovers, social media management and digital marketing. If you’re in the process of updating your site or need a “go to web guy” to help you manage your digital properties, Rushminute can help. Contact Rushminute or schedule a virtual cup of coffee and we’ll talk about your vision and how a great website can help you achieve your business goals.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Robbie Moore is the founder of Rushminute, a digital marketing agency in Lincoln, Nebraska. With 20+ years of experience in digital marketing, Robbie has worked with dozens of companies and organizations, large and small, around the globe. He also writes extensively about design, development, and business in general.